Monday, March 19, 2012

"The more difficult the challenge, the more room there is for real value to be built."


... it just dawned upon me that its been quite a while I wrote on my blog… and that too after I introduced it to this young charted accountant … who’s now in that exclusive list of people who get the access to some of my zealously guarded thoughts and feelings and emotions (not necessarily related to financial stuff!)…

… twenty twelve is already becoming (another) busy year in my thirty years of existence on this planet… and I am not complaining… the decision to go back to college to start my masters program in management is turning out to be good one… it’s keeping me busy with things that are adding value not only to my intellect but also to my sphere of influence…

… Also, the first quarter of the twenty twelve has made me sit and take notice of the money that I was bleeding out… I was not careful towards the savings that I was supposed to ‘declare’ and other benefits that I was entitled to… and I was paying the government more than what was due on my part… the seeds of this ‘awareness’ were sown by Vikas during our lazy casual chat after our scrumptious lunch at his home sometime in January during my visit to Delhi and what made an indelible impression on my fluidic grey matter was the ease with which the money matter can be handled… I always carried this ‘IT guy’ impression about Vikas and there he was, stumping me with his financial acumen… and he didn’t just let me go with my ‘promise’ about me-working-on-the-money-matter… he followed it up… and I’m glad he did…Dad’s visit to Pune in late February only amplified this momentum… when it comes to details, he’s not easy to convince… so there I was… getting ‘personalized advice’ on my finances… things are improving up a bit… and I’m pretty happy about it…

… and then there is that one aspect of life that provides reason(s) to do what we do on a continuing basis… as I said… it’s not easy for me to bare my opinions and feelings and emotions for debate or discuss… but I am treading on this path, tempted to walk that extra mile…

No comments:

Post a Comment