Wednesday, January 13, 2010

..."you know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if u are not part of their happiness"...

... it's not very often that we reach certain milestones in our lives... and that makes these milestones special... i mean u need to wait for 25 years to celebrate that 'silver jubilee anniversary' ... 12 years to finish school... one year for your birthday party... and so when i noticed that this is going to be my 100th post on the blog... i started 'planning' to make this a special one... not 'run-of-the-mill' types... a post that should might reveal something... a trait of mine... maybe my opinion on certain very sensitive issue... or it could be how i felt all this time at this stage of my life... it had to be special...

... and so i thought that since i am travelling to my hometown along with a colleague and a good friend of mine... there will be enough 'events' and 'happenings' during the trip to make this 100th post different... and to my pleasant surprise the trip had certain firsts of my life...

... so for the first time...
1) i travelled from poona to mumbai...
2) i spent some time at the first class railway waiting room...(this is actually after a lawng time) 3) i possessed a camera during the train travel...
4) i clicked several photos during the journey (wasn't this obvious?)...
5) i travelled in my Nano as a co-passenger (later i drove it as well!)...
6) i was a 'host' for a walk with two charming colleagues @ CP...
7) i got my first underground parking experience
8) i ate doughnuts
9) i spotted rats in Rajdhani!
10) i had a wonderful conversation with two budding social activists
11) i travelled in mumbai taxi with two friendly infosyians (one of them happened to be charming other a smarty!)
12) i had wholesome maharashtrian lunch @ SRW's place (this one was awesome!)
...
and this is what happens when u are travelling to north india in winters::









2 comments:

  1. You must be kidding....you ate doughnuts for the first time???????
    I think they should be made compulsory…for everyone….everyday…like food, water, air, tv etc.

    “A doughnut a day keeps the ‘blues’ away” – Garima ;)

    PS. The style of writing that you carry is somewhat similar to mine. Like the excess usage of ‘……..’. My reason is that I fail to understand where to put a fullstop for me everything is related and is in continuation :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ji... i ate doughnuts for the first time in all those years of my existence... (i do not know any 'smily' to denote a sheepish smile!) and "doughnuts a day..."?? seriously? LOL

    ... as for the 'dots' ... u are bang on!... my reason is similar :) ... and i use an extra set in the begnining and end of the posts as well to indicate the continuity... thanks for comments and welcome to my blog :) ...

    ReplyDelete