Monday, May 30, 2011

... "Beware the fury of a patient man." ~ John Dryden...

(Part 2)
... the Sunday morning started early... 0600 hrs to be precise... it was the big day... the day that was marked on my calendar for quite some time and the day my family was constantly reminding me of...

...so there i was... in front of the mirror... gliding away my Gillette... the clothes were laid out the night before and the shoes were awl shining... everything was all set for the exam-cum-interview ... also, thanks to the 'meena aunty' my breakfast was in the refrigerator... all i needed to do was fire my oven... and i could feel the throbbing heart of my Vista waiting outside!...

... and while i was getting all dressed up, i couldn't stop thinking of this 'bad vibe' my mind was picking up... what if the tire blew during driving? what if it went flat?... i reminded myself that these are just the same Devil's thoughts that kept me from revising some important topics... and then i realised this consolation was not helping either!... so i reminded me to just shut up and move on...

... so i hit the road to the IT park i was supposed to report @ 0830 hrs... loud music... air-conditioning... and a little rash driving... it was adding to the confidence and so i continued... i reached the venue half-an-hour early... some of the candidates were already there and after a brief hi-there-how-ya-doing thing we decided to sit in the reporting hall... pretty soon i realised that the eight thirty reporting time was a myth and with fifteen minutes over there was still no sign of any official... and then it began... basically we were asked to cross check the form that we have filled online and sign the hard copy of same... we were given IDs that we were supposed to wear during the entire process...

... and then we the large tray with the sandwiches arrived and the automated tea and coffee machine was already in place... after the registration we were asked to take our breakfast and wait... it was about 0915... the exam was soon to follow and now a mild, albeit very mild, nervousness started to creep-in... we were told that we have to take an online exam however once seated in a conference hall i was we were pretty sure that it will be the old fashioned way... and it was old fashioned way...

... the difficulty level was okay and i was feeling bad giving in to the temptation of skipping some of the sections that i cud have very well covered... i could hear the Devil laughing away... but as they say... the confidence abhi baaki tha mere dost! ... we gathered again... this time to face the interview panel... i was up for the Panel C and guess what? :-)

... the coordinator (he's a nice guy!) called my name and i was all game... he walked me up to the cabin and asked me to wait... while he gave my documents etc to the panel... i could hear their voices... i was expecting a panel of three... and could identify at least two distinct female voices... wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing... women make my heartbeat northwards... what if the third member is a 'baddie' guy?... the one who is meant to destroy the confidence of the candidates ... i could hear them discussing my academics... i knew it was not a very strong point to talk... and now the nervousness had taken complete control over me... the slow breathing was not calming me and the sweat was oozing out like fountain outside Bellagio! ... the coordinator told them that i was waiting outside and then he left... my name was called and i heard two female voices (again!)... one final deep breath and i entered the cabin... WTeF!!

(to be continued!)

No comments:

Post a Comment