Friday, September 4, 2009

4000 points of light. and i am one of it.

it was the countdown timer that caught my attention on our company's intranet homepage today... the brand ambassador assessment was to be completed and with all my enthusiasm, that I have been trying to build over the last week to complete this assessment, I decided to take the plunge finally… after all it was Thursday and that means weekly off for the production plant and ERC can have sigh of relief … so there I was… in front of my flat screen LCD, starry eyed and staring at the my-i-get-it learning tool with our brand ambassador learning kit page… I was trying hard to capture some relevant information (knowledge?) … and score at-least the mandatory 80% and get the “Brand Ambassador” certificate… fully aware that as for the practical purpose it makes no real impact or gives any benefit… I have three certificates from previous “Trainings” and “Assessments” … and all that you get is “Hearty Satisfaction” that you have done something that your company “Management” requested you to do… I know that I am being cynical here and a bit sarcastic as well … but then with my experience I have good reason to be that…as for the assessment my first attempt score was respectable and then like other things in my life I “lost interest” … so I decided to spend some time with my other projects in hand…

Many a times I feel blessed that I have reasonably good people to keep company with… not only in office but also outside it… the only pain I have been experiencing is that I am really missing my family… and it’s not the usual bout of homesickness … but the genuine overwhelming desire to go back to ‘em and spend time there … people whom you have met and spent time in the past are perhaps the best who can understand and care and love you for who you are and with no expectations it is a lot easier to perform …perhaps even outperform your own preconceived notions of limits on things that are important for the practical purposes… and if I am sounding pessimistic… it’s because I am… I guess… at this moment…

I do not know if I should be blogging what I want to, without bothering about how people might find it (with the “ethics” taken care of course) … or should try to be a “nice and neutral blogger” … where people can come and post “nice” comments … I guess I am confused as well … and with no “Tao of Pooh” and “Deb” … and me so deeply madly passionately and overwhelmingly captivated by one person I “met” on January 10, 2009… I guess I need some energy and “real life” motivation for the autumn cleaning… please pray to the sweet mother of Lord Jesus Christ…

No comments:

Post a Comment