Tuesday, September 29, 2009

..."When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it"...

... i was going through this list of 'best movies of 2009' on google and then one thing led to another ... my torrent was loaded with loads of movies for the long weekend... from 2009, 2008 and then even from 2007... i guess the list was not that bad... in fact not bad at all...

...so when i 'forced' myself to watch 'In Bruges' and then 'America's Sweethearts' and then 'Intolerable Cruelty' and then 'The Graduate' and then of course 'Meet Joe Black'... made me wonder if it is really true that 'lightening can strike'...

...and then it did! ... i fired the windows media player after coming from office today and the movie was "into the wild" ... and boy oh boy! ... sean penn is ain't no duffer! :P ...i've become a fan of this movie! ... and now it is second best on my list of top movies for next few months at least! :) ...

... so here are the lyrics of top four songs of this movie... my personal choice of course! ...

---------------------------
Hard Sun:

when i walk beside her
i am the better man
when i look to leave her
i always stagger back again

once i built an ivory tower
so i could worship from above
when i climb down to be set free
she took me in again

(chorus)
there's a big
a big hard sun
beating on the big people
in the big hard world

when she comes to greet me
she is mercy at my feet
i see her inner charm
she just throws it back at me

once i dug an early grave
to find a better land
she just smiled and laughed at me
and took her rules back again

(chorus)

once i stood to lose her
and i saw what i had done
bowed down and threw away the hours
of her garden and her sun

so i tried to want her
i turned to see her weep
40 days and 40 nights
and its still coming down on me

(chorus)
---------------------------------------
Long Nights:

Have no fear
For when I'm alone
I'll be better off than I was before

I've got this light
I'll be around to grow
Who I was before
I cannot recall

Long nights allow me to feel...
I'm falling...I am falling
The lights go out
Let me feel
I'm falling
I am falling safely to the ground
Ah...

I'll take this soul that's inside me now
Like a brand new friend
I'll forever know

I've got this light
And the will to show
I will always be better than before

Long nights allow me to feel...
I'm falling...I am falling
The lights go out
Let me feel
I'm falling
I am falling safely to the ground

---------------------------------
Society:

Oh it's a mystery to me.
We have a greed, with which we have agreed...
and you think you have to want more than you need...
until you have it all, you won't be free.

Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.

When you want more than you have, you think you need...
and when you think more then you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
I think I need to find a bigger place...
cause when you have more than you think, you need more space.

Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.
Society, crazy indeed...
I hope you're not lonely, without me.

There's those thinkin' more or less, less is more,
but if less is more, how you keepin' score?
It means for every point you make, your level drops.
Kinda like you're startin' from the top...
and you can't do that.

Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.
Society, crazy indeed...
I hope you're not lonely, without me
Society, have mercy on me.
I hope you're not angry, if I disagree.
Society, crazy indeed.
I hope you're not lonely...
without me.
--------------------------
Guranteed:

On bended knee is no way to be free
lifting up an empty cup I ask silently
that all my destinations will accept the one that's me
so I can breath

Circles they grow and they swallow people whole
half their lives they say goodnight to wive's they'll never know
got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul
so it goes...

Don't come closer or I'll have to go
Holding me like gravity are places that pull
If ever there was someone to keep me at home
It would be you...

Everyone I come across in cages they bought
they think of me and my wandering
but I'm never what they thought
got my indignation but I'm pure in all my thoughts
I'm alive...

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
underneath my being is a road that disappeared
late at night I hear the trees
they're singing with the dead
overhead...

Leave it to me as I find a way to be
consider me a satelite for ever orbiting
I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me
guaranteed...

No comments:

Post a Comment